Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dear Haiti

The news of the earthquake in Haiti is devastating.  There's nothing like a natural disaster to highlight how self-centered we all can be.  As I was planning out my interview outfit and my hairstyle, I heard the news.  Since last night I have been reading the tweets from people unable to contact their loved ones in Haiti.  This morning I saw the blank look on the face of a co-worker who was finally able to reach her elderly father, but still had so many other friends that she knew nothing about.

The world is such a strange place.  We use email and twitter and cell phones to keep us connected.  And when we don't have those things we realize just how far apart we really are.  Haiti seems an eternity away.  But through our faith and belief in God we are all connected.  Besides donating what I can to the relief effort, I'm pledging prayer to Haiti.

Dear Haiti,  we are praying for you.  We pray that you find peace.  We pray that you are delivered from this disaster.  We pray that people are inspired to give what they can to assist you.  We pray that you are not forgotten.  We pray that The Only Wise God, our Savior, will give you everything you stand in need of.  We love you.

**My friend Sarah at www.sarenzobeads.com is selling Haiti Relief Key chains.  100% of the proceeds are going to the relief effort.  View her online store at http://bit.ly/5HpHX5. **

No comments:

Post a Comment